The Cantina della Serra was established in 1953 by Adriano Olivetti to incentivize local business and bring together the 99 founding members of the first cellar. The areas that supply the Cantina with grapes span from Castellamonte to the hills north of Piverone. Now there are 200 members who every year produce 10,000 quintals of grapes, which translate into 450,000 bottles. The wine is sold chiefly to the public at the cellar in Piverone, to foreign buyers and to local restaurants. The most important wines are the various Erbaluces: a standard version and selections such as the supremely land-rooted Vigna and 60. Then come five spumantes: two Erbaluce Metodo Classicos, two Metodo Martinottis and a Rosato Metodo Classico made with Nebbiolo and other grapes. The range is completed by an excellent passito, standard and Riserva, two Barberas, two Nebbiolos, a Canavese Rosso, made mainly with freisa grapes, and a good still rosé. The cellar is open to the public seven days a week, every morning until 12.30pm and 2pm-7pm.