La Campore – a farm that was part of the estate of the Counts of Valperga alongside the lovely castle of Masino – has been given over to vineyards since 1738. The family of Alessandro and Gabriele, who now run the business, took over the place in 1979. Some of the nebbiolo vines, used to produce Canavese Nebbiolo and Canavese Rosso, are almost a hundred years old. Other varieties cultivated are barbera, freisa, vespolina, uva rara and, above all, erbaluce. The latter is used to make Erbaluce Classico, which stands out for its citrusy fragrance, and a Metodo Classico, produced with the finest grapes and aged in the castle cellars. Visiting the winery (possible by booking in advance), one is struck by the fantastic view over the vineyards, the drystone walls that enclose them, and the park beside the castle. In the best growing years, the cellar also produces an excellent Passito di Caluso. Last but not least, it has received integrated management certification, a guarantee of product quality.